How to Access your Virtual Server
Click the Menu (on the top left hand corner of the ONDA User Portal) > Virtual Servers > My Console.
Four tables are displayed, for the following information relating to your Virtual Infrastructure:
- Virtual Server list
- SSH Key list
- Volume list
- Subnet list
The table for yourr Virtual Servers contains the following information:
- Power status – i.e. On or Off
- Server Name – the name you have entered during Step 1 of the Virtual Server creation
- Network – the system network topology and IP address (plus gateway)
- VNC Console – link to open the Virtual Server on a console
- Action – it contains a link to get access to the System details.
- click on the Manage Server link in order to get access to the System details, and in particular to:
- System Name
- Power status
- Operating system
- Installation image
- Admin user
- Admin user ssh-key
- RAM (in GB)
- Disk (in GB)
- Outbound bandwidth
In order to access the Virtual Server, you need:
- The server IP address (highlighted in blue in the figure below), showed in Network column of the Virtual Servers table:
- The “Admin user” that you can find in System details
- The SSH Private Key you downloaded at Virtual Server creation
Virtual Server access with SSH Private Key
Using SSH commandline
In order to connect to the ONDAVirtual server, an example of the Linux ssh command is provided below.
The ssh commandinstructs the system to establish an encrypted secure connection with the host machine.Please note that ssh runs at TCP/IP port 22.
|ssh -i <private_key_file> <admin_username>@<virtual_server_ip_address>|
- <private_key_file> is thelocal path to the private SSH Private Key you downloaded
- <admin_username> is the specific username for SSH access. For each Virtual Server, this correspondsto the “Admin user”, as shown in the ONDA User Portal under Menu > Virtual Servers > IT Console > Manage Server
- <virtual_server_ip_address> is the IP address of the Virtual Server, as shown in the ONDA User Portal under Menu > Virtual Servers > IT Console
Using SSH Client graphical interface on Windows
For those users who need to connect to the ONDA Virtual Server from a Windows machine, the use of an SSH Client(e.g. MobaXterm) is recommended.
- Download theMobaXterm SSH Client and start a SSH session
- “Remote Host”: the IP address of the Virtual Server, as shown in the ONDA User Portal under Menu > Virtual Servers > IT Console
- “Specify username”: enter your ONDAVirtual Server usernamewhich is found on the ONDA User Portal under Menu > Virtual Servers > IT Console >Manage Server link
- Click on “Advanced SSH settings” and tick “Use private key”: uploadthe SSH Private Key