Users are able to perform queries either on the global map or for a specific area, and to refine their search criteria on the Search form.
If you wish to get results on the whole world map, click the magnifying lens on the top left corner to open the Search form (then proceed to step 3.3)
Query area selection
If you wish to display results relevant to a selected area:
- Choose a shape amongst polygon, rectangle and circle on the left column
- Draw a shape on the mapWhile drawing the shape, you can double-check the real-time information about the area size, shown in hectares (ha).Invalid polygon drawings are not allowed and are detected by the tool with an error message:To cancel the shape (or shapes) already drawn, click Clear Map from the bottom navigation menu:When drawing the shape, the Search form is automatically opened: proceed to step 3.3 – Search form.
Users are able to define a series of search criteria on the Search form.
Click each field to edit. If you hover with the mouse on certain fields, additional information about the field is displayed for help.
Select a date from the calendar and edit the time(in UTC) to specify the sensing start date.
This selection will produce all results whose acquisition start time takes place concurrently or after this value.
Select a date from the calendar and edit the time (in UTC) to specify the sensing stop date.
This selection will produce all results whose acquisition start time takes place before this value.
You are able to select the option Next week on top of the Search form to have the Sensing Start and Stop fields automatically filled in for the forthcoming week.
A search for Planned acquisitions shows on the map all trajectories that are scheduled for acquisition for a given period in the future, which is selected by the user.
The Planned option is selected by default on the search form.
When selecting Planned, you can also edit the Sensor Mode, Swath and Polarisation fields.
A search for Tracks displays on the map all future satellite ground tracks.
Select this option to perform a search on both Tracks and Planned acquisitions
Choose what geometric relation should be respected between the drawn shape and the planned acquisitions / tracks shapes, amongst:
- Intersects: it returns results whose area intersects the query area
- Within: it returns results whose area is fully within the query area
- Contains: it returns results whose area contains the whole query area
Select the mission: Sentinel-1A or Sentinel-1B or All
When choosing Mission type = Planned, you are able to select the sensor mode as follows:
- IW: Interferometric Wide swath – higher resolution but narrower images
- EW: Extra Wide swath – lower resolution but wider images
- SM – Strip Map
- All – to select all of the above options at the same time
When choosing Mission type = Planned, you are able to select the Swath option from the drop-down menu, which only applies to SM Sensor Mode.
When choosing Mission type = Planned, you are able to select the Polarisation option from the drop-down menu list.
Relative Orbit Number
Insert the number of the Relative Orbit Number, from 1 to 175, you wish to get the results for.
Absolute Orbit Number
Insert the number of the Absolute Orbit Number you wish to get the results for.
The search form is reactive: it gets invalidated as soon as an invalid field is detected.
After filling in the above fields as applicable, click the Search blue button.
The number of available results is displayed on the bottom bar, in the Hits section:
The query results are displayed on the map:
Click on any of the track or planned acquisition to get more detailed information, including the geographical coordinates:
Query results colour coding
In the query results, the colours assigned to the strips depend on the Sensor Mode selection (see 3.3.6 Sensor Mode), as follows:
- Planned acquisitions in IW mode are shown in red
- Planned acquisitions in EW mode are shown in green
- Planned acquisitions in SM mode are shown in grey
You are able to perform multiple geographical queries.
Activate the Multiple query option first, on the bottom right-end corner of the SPAVi tool:
Without clearing your first query results or the map, draw another shape:
Then submit the form again.
The tool allows overlapping multiple queries even if the first queried results have been plotted already.
Download the query results
- Display the query results on your map
- Select the Download as link from the bottom navigation bar:
- Select either JSON or CSV as download formats
Please note that the CSV format can only be applied for either tracks or planned acquisitions (not both types selected at the same time).