The Discovery service allows users to:
- browse all data and information available in the Catalogue
- filter the data to display
- view the list of datasets on the Catalogue view
Catalogue GUI (Graphical User Interface)
Use the graphical interface of the Catalogue to perform queries and have the results displayed on the world map:
- Perform full-text searches on the Catalogue Search bar
- Use the Advanced Search available filters to narrow the search
- Use the geographic query tool directly from the world map
Learn more: Catalogue – Tutorial
Catalogue OData (Open Data Protocol) API
Perform queries on the Catalogue via the OData API through HTTPS requests on a web browser and get queries results in various formats (e.g. in XML).
You can also Download products via OData API.
Find queries examples on: Catalogue Open Data Protocol (OData API) User Guide
INSPIRE Directive compliance
INSPIRE Metadata files
- Dataset Metadata files are accessible from the ONDA Catalogue and via the OData API
- Dataset Series Metadata files can be found here
- Discovery Service Metadata file can be found here
The OpenSearch API, compliant with INSPIRE requirements, is available for the Discovery service besides the OData API
Learn more: OpenSearch API – User Guide
The INSPIRE (Infrastructure for Spatial Information in Europe) Directive (2007/2/EC) aims to create a European Union spatial data infrastructure for the purposes of EU environmental policies, or policies and activities which may have an impact on the environment.
INSPIRE will enable the sharing of environmental spatial information among public sector organisations, facilitate public access to spatial information across Europe and create harmonised spatial datasets that can be used seamlessly in cross-border applications.
To ensure that the spatial data infrastructures of the EU Member States are compatible and usable in a Community and transboundary context, the INSPIRE Directive requires that common Implementing Rules are adopted in a number of specific areas, such as Metadata, Data Specifications, Network Services, Data and Service Sharing, Spatial Data Services, Monitoring and Reporting.